Skip to content
scroll to discover more
back to top
(A Continuous Work in Progress)
- To create art & other works that challenge and decentralize oppressive narratives i.e. colonialism, white supremacy, racism, colourism/shadeism, ableism, cisheterpatriarchy and sexism (to name a few).
- To seek out individuals, space(s), opportunities & ideologies that affirm their existence as a person with complex experiences and various intersections.
- To believe in the epistemological value of our lived experiences of abuse, marginalization & isolation, regardless of whether these experiences are spoken about at length in academic settings.
- To use their words in ways that support community building, truth-seeking & love.
- To push against narratives of shame and respectability, narratives that seek to isolate and negate the stories of marginalized.
- To engage critically with the world on intellectual, emotional and spiritual levels.
- To strive to live authentically in ways that feel good for them, all the while forgiving and being gentle with themselves when it isn’t safe to do so.